The Mission of the Crossroads Children’s Centre is to work with children and their families struggling with severe emotional, behavioural and social difficulties. This is accomplished through a wide range of services and targets children up to the age of twelve.
Our Guiding Philosophy
- Children have access to an array of services
- Services are individualized
- Services are received within the least restrictive environment
- Families are included as full participants
- Services are integrated, collaborative and coordinated
- Assistance is provided to ensure service coordination and system navigation
- Crossroads promotes early identification and intervention
- Children are supported to achieve a smooth transition between services
- Children receive services regardless of race, religion, national origin, sex, physical disability, or other characteristics.
- We recognize the value of teaching, research, and evaluation in improving the outcomes for children and families and are committed to evidence based practices
Our Core Values
- Child Centered & Family Focused. Services are respectful, individualized and based on the needs of the child and family. The child (to the extent possible) and family are included as full participants in the development of the service plan.
- Community-Based. Services are provided within or close to the child’s home community.
- Culturally Competent. Responsive to the cultural, racial, and ethnic differences of the population we serve.
- Committed to Evidence-Based Practices and Promising Practices. As defined by research and determined by the Evidence Based Practices Committee.
- Professionally Competent. The professional competence of our staff is supported through ongoing support, training, monitoring and supervision.